[comp.sys.atari.st] Corner Clock / Item Selector

thamer@sioux.cis.ohio-state.edu (M T ) (03/13/90)

    Anyone know of a program that will put a small corner clock
running on your screen.  I know this can be done thru NeoDesk, but
I'm running from Gulam shell.
    Also is there any way to access or convert accessories to prg
files.  I would love to access the Universal Item Selector, for
example, from Gulam, but now I have to exit to the Gem Desktop to
get to it.

	Thanks,

-Mustafa
-=-
	"Two days ago I saw a vehicle that'd haul that tanker.
	 You wanna get out of here; you talk to me."   Max - The Road Warrior

	 M. Thamer @cis.ohio-state.edu

rick@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Eric Ruck) (03/13/90)

In article <78168@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> M T  <thamer@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:

>    Anyone know of a program that will put a small corner clock
>running on your screen.  I know this can be done thru NeoDesk, but
>I'm running from Gulam shell.

The software that came with the Surreal Time Clock has the option of a
corner clock, but of course you need a Surreal Time Clock chip in order
for it to work.  If you contact the company (or the people who used to
run the company, if they are no longer in business) they may be willing
to divulge the secret of the corner clock.  Or you could try your luck
with a dissassmbler.

Eric

verwer@ruuinf.cs.ruu.nl (Nico Verwer) (03/13/90)

In article <78168@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> M T  <thamer@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>    Anyone know of a program that will put a small corner clock
>running on your screen.  I know this can be done thru NeoDesk, but
>I'm running from Gulam shell.

Lars-Erik Osterud (sp?) posted such a program to the net a few times
ago. It diplays a cloch in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. It
also displays disk accesses (e.g. << C: read from C: , >> A: write to
A:). The program was called timedrv, I think. If it is not on your
system, you can ftp it from sol.cs.ruu.nl, or you can email me and I'll
send it to you.
--
Nico Verwer                                       |  verwer@cs.ruu.nl
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Utrecht  |  +31 30 533921