[comp.sys.atari.st] RUNNING SZ/RZ WITH UNITERM 2.0E HELP NEEDED!!!

wngai@paris.ics.uci.edu (Wayne Ngai) (03/15/90)

Recently I obtain a copy of rz/sz zmodem external protocol.  I would like
to set it up with my Uniterm 2.0e.  Would someone please telI me how to set
up my keyboard macro or a macro file?  I need for it to access a particular
drive, not the drive where the rz/sz resides.  Also how much system buffer
do I need to put in??  Thanks for all the help!!!

thanks in advance!!

Wayne

In article <25FED434.29064@paris.ics.uci.edu> wngai@paris.ics.uci.edu (Wayne Ngai) writes:
>Recently I obtain a copy of rz/sz zmodem external protocol.  I would like
>to set it up with my Uniterm 2.0e.  Would someone please telI me how to set
>up my keyboard macro or a macro file?  I need for it to access a particular
>drive, not the drive where the rz/sz resides.  Also how much system buffer
>do I need to put in??  Thanks for all the help!!!
>

>thanks in advance!!
>
>Wayne

Here're a couple of my function key definitions. (I only use 3 or 4 total
anyway...)
	F1: %cop(1,$PATH)%pa('n:\\bin')%ru('gulam.prg','')%pa($1)
	F2: %inp('Zmodem Rec:')%ru('c:\\comm\\zmdm\\rz.ttp',$temp)
	F3: %inp('Zmodem Put:')%ru('c:\\comm\\zmdm\\sz.ttp',$temp)

There are probably other good ways to do this, but this works for me.
The F1 definition saves the current path into variable 1, sets the path
to my bin directory so gulam will find it's gulam.g file, runs it, then
restores the old path.

The Zmodem Receive and Put definitions prompt for a filespec, which is
left in the temp variable, and uses that as an argument to rz or sz.

Put as much system buffer as you can spare, since rz and sz will both
use all of available memory as file buffer. The smarter statement, I
suppose, is put as much as you will need - 128K plus the size of the
largest file you expect to transfer would be a good guess. On my Mega-4,
I use 2 Meg, so Gulam isn't crippled when I spawn it off.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan