[comp.sys.atari.st] Lawsuit for nintendo, was Re: atari and the Everyday Pe

tmwhitehead@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (03/16/90)

In article <A1434195052@thelake.mn.org>, steve@thelake.mn.org (Steve Yelvington) writes:
> [In article <90031201022042@masnet.uucp>,
>      david.schreiber@canremote.uucp (DAVID SCHREIBER) writes ... ]
>
>> It is IMPOSSIBLE for Nintendo to be sing "monopolistic" practices
>> against Atari. Check your dictionary.
>
> Oh, really? It says:
>
> I don't think anyone is close to filing any criminal charges, but similar
> allegations are contained in the Atari Games (Tengen) civil suit. (Atari
> Games is not affiliated with Atari Corp.)

Actually, according to an article in April's STart magazine (Vol4, Number 9):

       "Atari has filed suit against Nintendo and
	codefendant Pepsico.  The suit cites
	false advertising, unfair trade practices
	and unfair competition.  All this comes
	as a result of ads that Atari claim
	were deceiveing because of references
	to nonexistent color features on