[comp.sys.atari.st] STATUS OF INFO-ATARI16

Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) (03/17/90)

    It was with great fear that I read how we were to lose INFO-ATARI16 a
while back and it is with great joy that the compilations continue to
arrive into my account.
    With the above in mind, is this going to continue? INFO-ATARI16
provides a much needed service especially for isolated STers living in a
sea of Amigas, Macs, and IBMs (my area).  The 'heros' of INFO-ATARI16
should be congratulated for maintaining this incredible service.
    However, to guard myself against being cut off again from ST information,
I'm wondering if there is a BitNet/UseNet gate allowing me access to
the daily postings.  I have not found anything on our system through our
BitNet setup allowing it.  A friend in New Mexico is graciously going to
forward the daily postings but I wish I could find a way.  Any advice
sure would be appreciated.

Larry Rymal:  |East Texas Atari 68NNNers| <Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET>

In article <900317.09021981.003545@SFA.CP6> Z4648252@SFAUSTIN.BITNET (Z4648252) writes:
>    It was with great fear that I read how we were to lose INFO-ATARI16 a
>while back and it is with great joy that the compilations continue to
>arrive into my account.

We're working on it. We expect to move administration to terminator Real
Soon Now. Just a few technicalities to deal with. I expect that we will
digestify usenet postings before forwarding onto the bitnet and internet
mailing lists, and will provide for bitnet & internet sites to post by
mail. Dunno just yet about genuine moderator services, we barely have
enough people/time to go around as it is.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan