[comp.sys.atari.st] Tex on color system???

whack@nmsu.edu (Warren J Hack) (03/16/90)

I am in the process of setting up Tex/LaTex on my 1040ST at home.
I know a 1040 is a little small to run Tex on but I do have the
1Meg version from terminator(?).  Anyway, looking at the .dvi
file that came with 'dvist' it has become apparent that I am
in need of a preveiwer for my color monitor, if it is possible.

Please let me know what possibilities there are for me, as I plan
on using Tex to work on my dissertation at home.

Thank you for you time.

Warren J. Hack
whack@hubble.nmsu.edu
Dept. of Astronomy, New Mexico State

bobw@hpsad.HP.COM (Bob Waltenspiel) (03/17/90)

>                                  Anyway, looking at the .dvi
>file that came with 'dvist' it has become apparent that I am
>in need of a preveiwer for my color monitor, if it is possible.

>Please let me know what possibilities there are for me, as I plan
>on using Tex to work on my dissertation at home.

----------

Has anyone tried to run the previewer on a color system using the
mono emulator?

-Bob

stabl@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Robert Stabl) (03/18/90)

In article <573@opus.NMSU.EDU> whack@nmsu.edu (Warren J Hack) writes:
[...]
>  Anyway, looking at the .dvi
>file that came with 'dvist' it has become apparent that I am
>in need of a preveiwer for my color monitor, if it is possible.
Within the next few days (weeks ?) I'll post a new version of showdvi
to comp.binaries.atari.st. This version displays DVI files on both
monochrome and color monitors. The fonts to showdvi can be reached at
the ftp site dsrgsun (thanks Jwahar).
>Warren J. Hack
>whack@hubble.nmsu.edu
>Dept. of Astronomy, New Mexico State
Robert Stabl

--
\  Robert Stabl              =|= stabl@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de               /
 \ Dept. of Computer Science |=| stabl%unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de@unido.BITNET /

mikew@wheeler.wrcr.unr.edu (Mike Whitbeck) (03/21/90)

|----------

|Has anyone tried to run the previewer on a color system using the
|mono emulator?

|-Bob

I have used showdvi.ttp with omnires - works fine.
(but a little hard to read with magnification off)

 ~ |Mike Whitbeck             | mikew@wheeler.wrc.unr.edu    |

bobw@hpsad.HP.COM (Bob Waltenspiel) (03/22/90)

>I have used showdvi.ttp with omnires - works fine.
>(but a little hard to read with magnification off)

What's 'omnires'?

-Bob