[comp.sys.atari.st] Mega4 ST Floppy Drive Light : Funny Behaviour

ia4@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Imran Anwar) (03/23/90)

Hi....I am working on the ST with the lighys in the room turned off...and have
the screen colors reversed to WhiteText on B;ack and am logged in to the
school computer....

Just noticed that the Green LED on the Mega4 "flickers" very very lightly
which is noticable in the dark.....

I assume such light flickering is usual for LEDs BUT every 15-30 seconds the
LED flashes once or twice almost as bright as for "Drive Busy" state.

AND...the frequency of flashing is higher if I randomly move the mouse around!

Mysteries of the Unknown?

Imran

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (03/23/90)

In article <1990Mar23.013510.24427@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, ia4@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Imran Anwar) writes:
>Hi....I am working on the ST with the lighys in the room turned off...and have
>the screen colors reversed to WhiteText on B;ack and am logged in to the
>school computer....
>
>Just noticed that the Green LED on the Mega4 "flickers" very very lightly
>which is noticable in the dark.....
>
>I assume such light flickering is usual for LEDs BUT every 15-30 seconds the
>LED flashes once or twice almost as bright as for "Drive Busy" state.
>
>AND...the frequency of flashing is higher if I randomly move the mouse around!
>
>Mysteries of the Unknown?
>
>Imran

My Mega does the same thing.  Someone posted to the net about this a long time
ago, I cannot remember the explination, but the conclusion was that the
flickering is harmless, and does not indicate something about to blow up.

Just a little reassuring note, from:

              Mickey Boyd            |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
         FSU Computer Science        |      Even I have trouble doing it."
      mail:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu   |              - Tallulah Bankhead