[comp.sys.atari.st] NetHack 3.0 patchlevel 8

ersmith@uwovax.uwo.ca (Eric Smith) (03/24/90)

In article <9297@sdcc6.ucsd.edu>, zz1jm@sdcc4.ucsd.edu (Jon McCarty) writes:
> I don't know what the schedule for patchlevel 8 is.  It may be that
> we should wait for it before re-submitting to the archives.

Patchlevel 8 should be out "Real Soon Now", i.e. a few weeks. The major
holdup is the PC overlay scheme, which is quite tricky and seems to have some
subtle bugs. Once those are cleared up I'll send copies of pl8 binaries
to terminator and maybe some other archive sites. If there's a lot of
interest I'll post to comp.binaries.atari.st.

Patchlevel 8 fixes the usual bugs, and the TOS version has better color
support (you can turn the colors on and off as you're playing) and allows
control+number-pad combinations. I'll try to put a real readme in there
too.
--
Eric R. Smith                     email:
Dept. of Mathematics            ERSMITH@uwovax.uwo.ca