[comp.sys.atari.st] TIMEWORKS AND POSTSCRIPT FILE OUTPUT

CHIASSA@UDEM.BITNET (Alyre CHIASSON) (03/20/90)

Version 1.12 of TIMEWORKS DTP can save files in POSTSCRIPT
format. Although I don't have a postscript printer I installed
TIMEWORKS DTP as if I did. When you click on print it asks if
the destination is disk or postscript printer. I did a sample
file and intend to take it to a friend with a postscript
printer to check the end result. I obtained version 1.12 last
October.

clj@ksr.com (Chris Jones) (03/23/90)

In article <ID0952.D900320.T091019.CHIASSA@UDEM>, CHIASSA@UDEM (Alyre CHIASSON) writes:
>Version 1.12 of TIMEWORKS DTP can save files in POSTSCRIPT
>format.

I have version 1.11 of this program, and it also claims to be able to handle
Postscript printers.  I don't have a postscript printer, but I'm going to try
the same trick you did to see if it works.

>				  I obtained version 1.12 last
>October.

I obtained my version in December 1988.  I just called Timeworks, and they
swore that 1.11 was the latest Atari version, saying that 1.12 was IBM only.
Could you check to see that you really have 1.12 for the ST so I can followup
to them?  If anyone else has 1.12, knowing that would be helpful to me as well.
Thank-you.
--
Chris Jones    clj@ksr.com    uunet!ksr!clj    harvard!ksr!clj

In article <634@ksr.UUCP>, clj@ksr (that's me) writes:

>I have version 1.11 of this program, and it also claims to be able to handle
>Postscript printers.  I don't have a postscript printer, but I'm going to try
>the same trick you did to see if it works.

I tried reinstalling the program last night, saying I had a Laserwriter Plus.
When I tried to print a document, it asked me to insert my font disk, spun a
little while, then asked me to insert my font disk, then spun a little while,
then aske me to insert ...  I never did get asked whether I wanted the output
to go to a printer or to disk.

>>						I obtained version 1.12 last
>>October.
>
>I obtained my version in December 1988.  I just called Timeworks, and they
>swore that 1.11 was the latest Atari version, saying that 1.12 was IBM only.
>Could you check to see that you really have 1.12 for the ST so I can followup
>to them?  If anyone else has 1.12, knowing that would be helpful to me as well.
>Thank-you.

So, looks like I'm going to have no fun talking to Timeworks to find out what
the story is.  Sigh.
--
Chris Jones    clj@ksr.com    uunet!ksr!clj    harvard!ksr!clj

geoff@nluug.nl (G. Coupe EPD/74 O75/1347) (03/24/90)

In article <634@ksr.UUCP> clj@ksr.com (Chris Jones) writes:

>I obtained my version in December 1988.  I just called Timeworks, and they
>swore that 1.11 was the latest Atari version, saying that 1.12 was IBM only.
>Could you check to see that you really have 1.12 for the ST so I can followup
>to them?  If anyone else has 1.12, knowing that would be helpful to me as well.
>Thank-you.
>--
>Chris Jones    clj@ksr.com    uunet!ksr!clj    harvard!ksr!clj

I've had version 1.12 for the Atari for at least one year now...  The
program is from a UK software house (GST), and it may be that Europe's 1.12
is 1.11 in the States to ensure maximum confusion... :-)

Geoff Coupe