[comp.sys.atari.st] Veritcal placment of a HD

g4r@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Drew Burnett) (03/26/90)

   Will it hurt my MegaFile 30 (atari HD) if I place it vertically when I use
it insted of horizontally?  I want to set it vertically to get it out of the
way and save some room on my already too crowded desk.

--
|                       |        g4r         | Why should I be tarred with   |
| Purdue University     |mentor.cc.purdue.edu| the epithet 'loony' merely    |

rich@lakesys.lakesys.com (Richard Dankert) (03/26/90)

In article <8817@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> g4r@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Drew Burnett) writes:

>   Will it hurt my MegaFile 30 (atari HD) if I place it vertically when I use
>it insted of horizontally?  I want to set it vertically to get it out of the
>way and save some room on my already too crowded desk.

	Fromthe info I got with my Segate St157n drive, they can be
	placed on their sides, but not upside down ( wear and tear on the
	thrust bearing), or front down, or front up, else the warranty is void.

---
rich.....
UUCP: rich@lakesys.lakesys.COM     {always .... }