[comp.sys.atari.st] Seek Speed

frachel@umiami.miami.edu (03/25/90)

I am planning on buying a hard drive, and was wondering what is
the slowest I should get?  The ones I have seen range from 24ms to
70ms.  Of course, the faster, the more expensive.. So I am looking for
a median.  How slow is 70ms?  The drive in question is the Seagate
250N

Thanks,

Frank Rachel

hcj@lzsc.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (03/27/90)

In article <6174.260b7429@umiami.miami.edu>, frachel@umiami.miami.edu writes:
> I am planning on buying a hard drive, and was wondering what is
> the slowest I should get?  The ones I have seen range from 24ms to
> 70ms.  Of course, the faster, the more expensive.. So I am looking for
> a median.  How slow is 70ms?  The drive in question is the Seagate
> 250N
You will find 70 MS to be S L O W.  But, then its a LOT faster than a floppy.

Really, you will be happier with 18-28 ms drives, but poorer.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzsc!hcj
hcj@lzsc.att.com