[comp.sys.atari.st] Redirecting output from Parallel port to a disk file

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (03/20/90)

In article <20702@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> dav@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (William David Haas) writes:
>So, meanwhile, does anyone know how to do this?  Is there a hacked version
>of barrel that captures the parallel port?

I may be missing something, but this is what barrel.tos does -- stuff
that is destined for the printer port, which on my system is the
parallel port, goes to a disk file.  What does your copy of barrel do?
--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2

dav@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (William David Haas) (03/27/90)

In article <1990Mar20.135500.6022@cs.dal.ca> bill@biomel.UUCP writes:
>I may be missing something, but this is what barrel.tos does -- stuff
>that is destined for the printer port, which on my system is the
>parallel port, goes to a disk file.  What does your copy of barrel do?
>--

Ok, maybe I goofed.  Let me restate the problem.  I have CAD 3D.  I also
have the CAD 3D drivers and barrel.  The output from the CAD 3D drivers is
supposed to go to a plotter you have hooked up to your ST.  The problem is
I don't have a plotter and the software will not dump to a file.  What I need
is something that will capture the info going to the 'port you hook a plotter
to'.  I thought this was the rs232 port (modem port) and I thought that people
referred to this as the 'parallel port'.  The problem could be that the
CAD software is expecting return codes from the plotter and barrel doesn't
send these.

Does anyone know how to convert CAD 3D files to some normal format like
postscript?