[comp.sys.atari.st] Useful Article on SCSI Bus

FCTY7284@RYERSON.BITNET ("Hiscocks, Peter") (03/24/90)

A useful article on simple interfacing to the SCSI bus, currently appears
 in the April/May issue of Circuit Cellar Ink: The Computer Applications
 Journal, page 15.
The article shows how a subset of SCSI commands can be used to interface
 to equipment without requiring a microprocessor controller at the
 receiving end.
It would be really useful if someone in the know would specify the differences
 between true SCSI and ACSI, and what the adaptor board does in the SCSI
 interface. I've seen requests for this in the past, on the net, but never
 seen an answer....
Incidentally, Circuit Cellar Inc is a terrific source of applications info
 for hardware and software projects. The current issue also has an article on
 computer generations of holograms, using VGA resolution if you can believe it!
                                       Peter

jmack@b11.ingr.com (Cery McCormick) (03/27/90)

In article <90Mar23.233151est.57419@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca>, FCTY7284@RYERSON.BITNET ("Hiscocks, Peter") writes:
> It would be really useful if someone in the know would specify the differences
>  between true SCSI and ACSI, and what the adaptor board does in the SCSI
>  interface. I've seen requests for this in the past, on the net, but never
>  seen an answer....

I would sure like to know about the ACSI myself. anybody have the info????