[comp.sys.atari.st] The 'Phantom Typist'--It's back: in TOS

cjr@cs.bham.ac.uk (Chris Ridd <RiddCJ>) (03/27/90)

In article <5863.260753c0@judy.uh.edu> cosc10hv@judy.uh.edu (Paul Sears) writes:
>In article <9343.25ffe423@ecs.umass.edu>, beroll@ecs.umass.edu writes:
>>I was trying to put Uniterm in an AUTO folder so I could (be lazy) and run it
>>as the computer was turned on.  It didn't work (any ideas?) and I got 4 bombs (
>>just my 1040 ST(f) with 1 meg and TOS (1.2 I beleive).
>>
>>                                               Dave
>
>Well, one of your problems is apparant - UNITERM can't be run directly in the
>AUTO folder.  Uniterm is a full GEM programs and GEM is not loaded until AFTER
>the programs in the AUTO folder are run first.  Almost any GEM program run in
>the auto folder will bomb...

  Unless of course Dave has TOS 1.4 :-)  Did you know that we still don't have
TOS 1.4 here in the UK?  Has it arrived in Germany or Holland yet?

     Chris

-- Chris Ridd, Computer Science, Birmingham Uni, UK -- RiddCJ@Cs.Bham.Ac.Uk --

"'It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it,' said War testily, 'the One
Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse.'" - Sourcery