[comp.sys.atari.st] Windows on PC Ditto I

MAXG@SUVM.BITNET ("Gerry Greenberg: 315-443-5378") (03/26/90)

Does anyone out there know if MS Windows would work on a 1Meg 520ST using
PC Ditto I?  I don't have a hard drive, either....Yes, I know this would
be SLOOOWWW, but that might still be OK for me...as long as it works.
 Thanks in advance for any insights.
Gerry
maxg@suvm
ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu

hcj@lzsc.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (03/27/90)

In article <9003270804.AA13057@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, MAXG@SUVM.BITNET ("Gerry Greenberg: 315-443-5378") writes:

> Does anyone out there know if MS Windows would work on a 1Meg 520ST using
> PC Ditto I?  I don't have a hard drive, either....Yes, I know this would
> be SLOOOWWW, but that might still be OK for me...as long as it works.
>  Thanks in advance for any insights.
> Gerry
> maxg@suvm
> ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu

I got it running.  At is so SLOW I found it uninteresting.

I run MultiMate on PC-ditto I; sluggish transitions but bearable.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzsc!hcj
hcj@lzsc.att.com

rjd@cs.brown.edu (Rob Demillo) (03/27/90)

In article <9003270804.AA13057@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> MAXG@SUVM.BITNET ("Gerry Greenberg: 315-443-5378") writes:

>Does anyone out there know if MS Windows would work on a 1Meg 520ST using
>PC Ditto I?  I don't have a hard drive, either....Yes, I know this would
>be SLOOOWWW, but that might still be OK for me...as long as it works.
> Thanks in advance for any insights.

Coincidently, I tried doing this very thing this weekend.

Yes, it does work.

Yes, it is Slow with a capital S.

 - Rob DeMillo			| Internet: 	 rjd@brown.cs.edu
   Brown University 		| Also Internet: demillo@juliet.ll.mit.edu
   Planetary Science Group	| Reality: 401-273-0804 (home)
"I say you *are* the Messiah, Lord! And I ought to know, I've followed a few!"