[comp.sys.atari.st] Uniterm V2.0e 009

agostino@sherlock.cs.concordia.ca (DELIGIA agostino) (03/20/90)

Hello netters!  Catch any fish lately?  (pause) Ok.  'Twas a horrible joke.  Well, seriously,
I'd just like to say that...

	Uniterm V2.0e 009 (yes--zero zero nine) can be found at terminator.cc.umich.edu as

                                 atari/new/uni20e.arc

Can't wait 'till V3.0 comes along.............. :-)

Uniterm's great stuff!!

Agostino Deligia                 | "If the bears don't eat you,
agostino@sunkisd.cs.concordia.ca |    it's home."
agostino@concour.cs.concordia.ca |      --Binbiniqegabenik

grahamt@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Graham Thomas) (03/21/90)

From article <1956@clyde.concordia.ca>, by agostino@sherlock.cs.concordia.ca (DELIGIA agostino):

> I'd just like to say that...
>
> 	Uniterm V2.0e 009 (yes--zero zero nine) can be found at terminator.cc.umich.edu as
>
>                                  atari/new/uni20e.arc
>
> Can't wait 'till V3.0 comes along.............. :-)

I've not seen any messages from Simon Poole in this newsgroup for a
while.  I guess he's got a job that keeps him away or has taken him into
new areas of interest.  Does anyone know if he's planning to do anything
more with UniTerm? I'm not desperately worried, because I think version
2.0e works just fine.  But it would be good if Simon were working on
something new for the ST.  (Shame he stopped working on and supporting
DLII.  I can see why he didn't want complaints from people who'd
inadvertently mangled their disks while using it, but that program was
well on the way to being excellent.  0.24 was the last version to be let
loose, wasn't it?)

While I'm in a 'where are they now' mood, what's Tom Hudson up to these
days?  I heard he'd started writing programs for IBMs and suchlike,
because there was no money to be made in the ST world.  Is that true?
What sort of stuff is he writing now?

Graham

--
Graham Thomas, SPRU, Mantell Building, U of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9RF, UK
 JANET: grahamt@uk.ac.sussex.syma  EARN/BITNET: grahamt@syma.sussex.ac.uk

In article <1956@clyde.concordia.ca> agostino@sherlock.CS.Concordia.CA (DELIGIA agostino) writes:
>	Uniterm V2.0e 009 (yes--zero zero nine) can be found at terminator.cc.umich.edu as
>
>                                 atari/new/uni20e.arc

It's been moved into the telecomm directory. I'm sending out a floppy disk to
a guy who says he'll send me 2.0e 011, so I expect to have that up in a few
weeks.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan

agostino@sherlock.cs.concordia.ca (DELIGIA agostino) (03/25/90)

Hello....... to the two people, Mr. Walsh and Mr. Meijer, who requested that
I mail them a copy of Uniterm V2.0e 009, I apologize.  I tried sending a
uuencode version to you, but each attempt bounced because the max message size
is 100k (Yes, I didn't think that the size would pose a problem in my haste...)

Anyways, I also managed to lose both of your addresses in the process.  So, if
either or both of you wish me to resend you a copy of 009 (duly split into two
parts each less than 100k long  :-), email me a message so that I'll know where
to send the stuff.

To all other netters, I apogize for using up bandwidth like this, but these
things happen sometimes when you're in a rush.....

Agostino Deligia                 | "If the bears don't eat you,
agostino@sunkisd.cs.concordia.ca |    it's home."
agostino@concour.cs.concordia.ca |      --Binbiniqegabenik

ballier@blnosz.UUCP (Ralph Ballier) (03/28/90)

In article <2381@syma.sussex.ac.uk> grahamt@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Graham Thomas) writes:
[.....]

>I've not seen any messages from Simon Poole in this newsgroup for a
>while.  I guess he's got a job that keeps him away or has taken him into
[.....]

I have written a letter to Simon (Wettingen, Bahnhofstr....): no answer,
no return.

Ralph

agostino@sherlock.cs.concordia.ca (DELIGIA agostino) (03/30/90)

----------
Well, hello again everyone...

I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced a little problem I'm having
with Uniterm's meta-mode.  When I press <alternate><capslock>, I do indeed see
`Meta' on the status line and I do get extended characters when pressing
<alternate><alphanumeric-key>.  I was chatting away with a friend using a vax
`telephone' facility, when I decided to try the meta-mode.  So I start typing
extended characters and asked the friend whether he saw what I saw.  Well,
as it turns out, meta-mode doesn't produce the right characters!  The docs
say that pressing, say, <alt>k should produce the character who's ascii value
is ascii(k)+128.  Well, it doesn't seem to work that way: I get e with two
little dots (umlaut) using <alt>k, for example, when it should be little Greek
delta.  So, anybody know whether it's a bug or whether I'm doing something
wrong?