[comp.sys.atari.st] Playing Replay sounds in STOS

gregory_a_gladman@sioux.cis.ohio-state.edu (03/27/90)

I just bought both the STOS package and ST-Replay.  Both seem like great
packages, but I'd like to play back sounds digitized from Replay from games
written in STOS.  For those familiar with the software: I've tried to load
the machine code that came with Replay into a bank with STOS and play the
sound that way, but I get a bus error and the machine locks up.  I'm using
a start address 28 bytes into the routine, since that's what the GFA example
uses.  Does the routine supplied with Replay use GEMDOS memory functions?
Has anyone heard of a way to do this in STOS?

						Thanks in advance...
						Greg

Sorry -- .sig still under construction...watch this space!

ripley@tubopal.UUCP (Hans-Ch. Eckert) (03/28/90)

In article <78456@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Greg Gladman <gladman@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
]I just bought both the STOS package and ST-Replay.  Both seem like great

WRT ST-Replay, how much is it ? The demo I've seen (you know The Snowman,
don't you ?) was quite impressive.

Greetings,
				RIPLEY

--
Greetings from RIPLEY | UUCP: ripley@tubopal.UUCP (ripley@opal.cs.tu-berlin.de)
Hans-Christian Eckert |         ...!unido!tub!opal!ripley (Europe)

daroloson@watmath.waterloo.edu (Dani A. Roloson) (04/07/90)

In article <78456@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu> Greg Gladman <gladman@cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>I just bought both the STOS package and ST-Replay.  Both seem like great
>packages, but I'd like to play back sounds digitized from Replay from games
>written in STOS.  For those familiar with the software: I've tried to load
>the machine code that came with Replay into a bank with STOS and play the
>sound that way, but I get a bus error and the machine locks up.  I'm using
>a start address 28 bytes into the routine, since that's what the GFA example
>uses.  Does the routine supplied with Replay use GEMDOS memory functions?
>Has anyone heard of a way to do this in STOS?
>
>						Thanks in advance...
>						Greg

>Sorry -- .sig still under construction...watch this space!

You should get STOS Maestro which includes the STOS extension for digitized
sound.  I personally bought STOS Maestro Plus which includes the hardware
(sampler cartridge with RCA plug input) but a friend of mine has both
Replay-4 and the software only STOS Maestro and prefers using the STOS
sampler software with the Replay-4 hardware.

A new and improved STOS Maestro 2 should be available within the
next couple of months.

Dani A. Roloson
KWEST
Kitchener-Waterloo Eight Sixteen Thirty-two Atari User Group