[comp.sys.atari.st] problems with opus 2.2

icsu8053@khan.cs.montana.edu (Craig Pratt) (04/07/90)

In article <2167540@mtsg.ubc.ca> Peter_Lawrence_Jackson@MTSG.UBC.CA writes:

> I am having two problems with the opus spreadsheet 2.2:
>  1. When I enter a numeric value into a cell, the number is displayed
>     in the cell imediately to the right of the cell in which it is
>     entered. The number is not in that cell (ie it cannot be deleted or
>     overwritten from that cell), but just appears there.

This problem appeared when I had Quick ST (the graphics accelerator) installed.
Just disable it temporarily/permanently from your AUTO folder.  I don't know
if this bug originates in Opus or Quick.  Note that the Quick ST I had was the
shareware distribution NOT the commercial version.

> 2.  I am still having problems printing out charts, I think this is a
>     problem with my assign.sys -- I vaguely remember someone mentioning
>     opus quirkiness here. Could someone email me a copy of an assign.sys
>     that works with opus?

Did you run FONTWID.PRG?  I have configured Opus for both a 9-pin Epson
and a 24-pin Epson compatible, so I have *some* experience.  I'll mail you
my Opus ASSIGN.SYS file for the 24-pin so as not to waste net space/time.

> This is my second posting, and I really would appreciate it if someone
> who has figured out how to use/install the program could reply. If there
> is interest, I can summarize and post the solution to the net.
> Thanks, Peter.  (usermeso@mtsg.ubc.ca | usermeso@ubcmtsg.bitnet)

I have found Opus to be a *very* powerful and useful program.  I would suggest
sending in at least $25 to Doug Harrison for the Lotus/Quattro file
compatibility version.  The graphing facility is very nice.  Opus makes the
aforementioned DOS programs look very primitive.

Craig
--
   / Craig Pratt                       / Montana State University, Bozeman MT /
  / Craig.Pratt@msu3.oscs.montana.edu / The ST-ranger in a strange land      /