[comp.sys.atari.st] More Uniterm Macro questions

kennyz@pawl.rpi.edu (Kenny Zalewski) (04/08/90)

I just taught myself Uniterm macros, and I have one major question:

What methods can be used to execute a file with macros in it?

I only know of two so far:
        1. Make it an auto-exec macro, which I don't want
        2. Define a function key as %macro('filename')

Is there any way to just pass a command to Uniterm, other than the ones
already defined in the HELP menu?

--
Kenny Zalewski
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, BARH B 107, Troy, NY, 12180-3590

cs325ec@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Gregory Lemperle-Kerr) (04/08/90)

kennyz@pawl.rpi.edu (Kenny Zalewski) writes:

>I just taught myself Uniterm macros, and I have one major question:

>What methods can be used to execute a file with macros in it?

>I only know of two so far:
>        1. Make it an auto-exec macro, which I don't want
>        2. Define a function key as %macro('filename')

	 3. popup(1-20,command,'name') (put in auto exec?)
	 	(set command to a fkey and the fkey to play the macro)

	-- Greg

%
%What methods can be used to execute a file with macros in it?
%
%I only know of two so far:
%        1. Make it an auto-exec macro, which I don't want
%        2. Define a function key as %macro('filename')
%
%Is there any way to just pass a command to Uniterm, other than the ones
%already defined in the HELP menu?

Nope, that's about it. The obvious refinement is to define a function key
that prompts for the name of a macro file to execute, and executes it.
I suppose you should also be able to define a slot in the popup menu for it.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan