[comp.sys.atari.st] STalker

grieggs@jpl-devvax.JPL.NASA.GOV (John T. Grieggs) (04/10/90)

In article <5813@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> dcrevier@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Dan Crevier) writes:
>Is anyone using the new terminal program STalker?  It sounds like a nice
>program, but I was wondering if it had good VT-100 emulation, and if it
>could keep up with 19200 baud.
>
>Dan Crevier
>dcrevier@jarthur.claremont.edu

I am using STalker 2.0, which I purchased at the World of Atari show
over the weekend.  It is pretty nice!  I have it calling into my three
favorite boards, and logging me on.  It then makes a pleasant chiming
sound to notify I am on.  I have been able to do all kinds of file
munging with this going on.  The only problem I have had so far is
with large uploads - they sometimes spontaneously abort.  Have not yet
tried to isolate this one.

I use it at 19200 on a USR, and it seems fine.  I do not think it does
VT-100 at all, but could be mistaken.  I have not yet tried to use it
on the UNIX system I am now "working" on, only on Atari boards...

_john

--
John T. Grieggs (Telos @ Jet Propulsion Laboratory)
4800 Oak Grove Drive, Pasadena, Ca. 91109 M/S 301-260A    (818) 354-1453