[comp.sys.atari.st] Sozobon fix for Gemini

mj@myrias.com (Michal Jaegermann) (04/10/90)

From article <771@ncs.dnd.ca>, by balkwill@ncs.dnd.ca (R. J. Balkwill):
> generates erroneous code for some bit-oriented instruction (btst?)
> therein.  Hence your startup code walks into trash of jas' making.

Fix for jas problem was posted long time ago in this group.  A simple
typo in instruction description tables.  Fix your copy of jas and
reassemble.  Much easier than writing assembler from scratch.

	Michal Jaegermann
	Myrias Research Corporation
	Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA
	mj@myrias.COM
	...{uunet,alberta}!myrias!mj

dmb@wam.umd.edu (David M. Baggett) (04/10/90)

In article <639688541.13047@myrias.com> mj@myrias.com (Michal Jaegermann)writes:
>Fix for jas problem was posted long time ago in this group.  A simple
>typo in instruction description tables.  Fix your copy of jas and
>reassemble.  Much easier than writing assembler from scratch.

If it's such a simple patch, you won't mind posting it here again, right?

Thanks,

Dave Baggett
dmb@cscwam.umd.edu

ONM07@DMSWWU1A.BITNET (Julian Reschke) (04/10/90)

In article <5618.261c75e0@uwovax.uwo.ca> Eric Smith writes:
> An even better solution: fix the sozobon library to use the Atari-standard
> ARGV= method of passing parameters in the environment, and persuade
> the authors of Gemini to adopt this as well (Gulam and a lot of other
> command shells already do). xArgs had some technical merits, but also some
> problems (all xArgs programs will break when/if any sort of virtual memory
> or swapping becomes available for the ST). Since there's now an official
> way of passing extended argument lists, we might as well all use it.
Gemini 1.1 already does this.

Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-4400 Muenster, Phone: ++49 251 861241
eMail: ONM07@DMSWWU1A.BITNET, "Julian Reschke" @ MAUS MS  (++49 251 77216)