[comp.sys.atari.st] 'POOLFIX4'

MFAGKCHR@HMARL5.BITNET (04/11/90)

ONM07%DMSWWU1A.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (Julian Reschke) writes:

(much deleted)

>There is no reason why a hard disk driver should revector TRAP #1!!!

>> As always, users are forced to do the patching themselves. In this...
>Patch Your OWN brain-damaged software! :-)

>___________________________ cut here _____________________________________
>Julian F. Reschke, Hensenstr. 142, D-4400 Muenster, Phone: ++49 251 861241
>eMail: ONM07@DMSWWU1A.BITNET, "Julian Reschke" @ MAUS MS  (++49 251 77216)
>____________________ correct me if I'm wrong _____________________________

I did post this readme file. Claus Brod does not read this newsgroup.
So he will not be able to react.

However, *I THINK* I know why CBHD redirects TRAP #1. With this driver
you can boot from all harddisk partitions. Which means that:

1) All auto folder programs are read from the boot partition
2) The same goes for the ACC's
3) And for the DESKTOP.INF

4) If you save the desktop it is saved on the boot partition.

The latter is new in CBHD 3.5. Formerly the desktop.inf was allways saved
on C. I think Claus had to redirect the TRAP #1 vector to make this possible.
Is there another way?

Dept. of Occup. &                    Chris Evelo
Environm. Health                     MFAGKCHR@HMARL5 (BITNET)
and Toxicology.
University of Limburg                Tel: 31-43-888635
P.O. Box 616                         Fax: 31-43-436080
6200 MD Maastricht
The Netherlands