[comp.sys.atari.st] Help with SH204 Host-adapter

FALDELLA%BODEIS.CINECA.IT@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (04/10/90)

More on my defective SH204. It turned out that the 16L8 PAL placed in the Host
Adapter is gone. Would someone be kind enough to tell me either a source for a
new one or the fuse matrix ? I am not so skilful to reverse-engineer the Host-
adapter and to reprogram a new PAL for ACSI-SCSI conversion.
Please e-mail me directly since I cannot receive INFO-A16 issues.

                                Many thanks,
                        Francesco Zanichelli
                        FALDELLA@BODEIS.CINECA.IT

hcj@lzsc.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (04/11/90)

In article <4862@BODEIS.CINECA.IT>, FALDELLA%BODEIS.CINECA.IT@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
> More on my defective SH204. It turned out that the 16L8 PAL placed in the Host
> Adapter is gone. Would someone be kind enough to tell me either a source for a

You can buy a replacement for $25 (my memory) from:
 Berkeley Microsystems

PO Box 20119, Oakland, CA  94620, USA
Phone: (415) 547-2191

The advantage is they fixed the bug that prevents the SH204 from reporting
errors.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzsc!hcj