[comp.sys.atari.st] Looking for harddisk backup software

hcj@lzsc.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (05/02/90)

In article <3221@milton.acs.washington.edu>, ski2@milton.acs.washington.edu (Chris Kacoroski) writes:

> I am looking for a harddisk backup and restore program that will
> backup large files across multiple floppy disks while keeping the
> folder hierarchy intact.  It would be nice if it could do file
> compression also.  I am also looking for a harddisk tools package that
> would allow me to recover lost files and optimize the harddisk for
> reads or writes.  I am running TOS 1.0 on a 1040ST.

Turtle 3.0 does most of this for you.  It has a special tool to handle
large files and does a nice job saving everything.

Recovering lost files:
If this means reload from the backup, Turtle solves this easily.
If this means "oops I just removed it", NORTON PC utilities running under
PC-DITTO is real good.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzsc!hcj