[comp.sys.atari.st] GCC-137 Zoo files

asqb-sep-a@HUACHUCA-EMH2.ARMY.MIL (ASQB-SEP-A HQ USAISEC) (05/01/90)

I tried ftping gcc-137.zoo01 through gcc-137.zoo13 from terminator.  I used
BINARY mode from an Intel320 acting as a DDN node on MILNET.

I then downloaded them from the Intel to my ST.  01 unzooed OK until it hit
tm_m68k and then it gave me a corrupt header in file and quit.  When I list all
the others (02 - 13) I get bad archive error messages and can't even see what's
inside these files.

Has anyone else experienced difficulty with these or is it just my host?  All the files came through with the corre.

I've tried zoo on the ST and also a PC at work although the PC version is only
1.31.

Thanks for any help - I hate to have to FTP them again.

Mark Rhyner
asqb-sep-a@huachuca-emh2.army.mil  or
mrhyner%sed@huachuca-emh2.army.mil

In article <9005020704.AA26393@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> asqb-sep-a@HUACHUCA-EMH2.ARMY.MIL (ASQB-SEP-A HQ USAISEC) writes:
>I tried ftping gcc-137.zoo01 through gcc-137.zoo13 from terminator.  I used
>BINARY mode from an Intel320 acting as a DDN node on MILNET.

>I then downloaded them from the Intel to my ST.  01 unzooed OK until it hit
>tm_m68k and then it gave me a corrupt header in file and quit.  When I list all
>the others (02 - 13) I get bad archive error messages and can't even see what's
>inside these files.

You should also get the README file in the Gnu directories. As explained there,
the files 1-13 are not independent zoo archives, but parts of a single
archive. It's split to make it easier to transfer (so if your transfer dies,
you don't need to grab the whole multi-megabyte file again, you just need to
get the specific parts that got messed up.) To extract the files, you need
to concatenate all the parts together, and run zoo on the combination.
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan
  ... the glass is always greener on the side ...