[comp.sys.atari.st] Its Mauritz again

pietrzak@king.CES.CWRU.Edu (John Pietrzak) (05/03/90)

Chris is finally saying goodbye to his old ST.  His new machine:

In article <CMM.0.88.641709311.cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:

>An Amiga 3000 25mhz 68030 workstation!  Yippee!

   Chris, I remember you saying something a while back about buying a
Macintosh.  Hmm, you seem to be moving through these machines at a mighty
quick pace! :-)

As for the old ST:

>a 3 year old 1040ST
>2.5 meg RAM (EZ-RAM) upgrade
>Internal fan (added by moi)
>color monitor
>old-style (extra crisp) mono monitor
>bunches of original games, programs, etc.
>original boxes, docs, etc.
>
>If anyone could be so kind as to email me with the latest street prices
>of this stuff, I'd be much obliged.

   Well, I've heard statements directly from knowlegdeable people on
Usenet that Atari's financial position is bleak, and Atari is probably
going to go out of business soon!  You should probably offer the whole
set for $10 or so, to get rid of it before you have to pay someone to
haul it away.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

J P

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (05/03/90)

In article <1990May3.124102.14921@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> pietrzak@king.CES.CWRU.Edu (John Pietrzak) writes:
>Chris is finally saying goodbye to his old ST.  His new machine:
>
>In article <CMM.0.88.641709311.cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
>>
>>An Amiga 3000 25mhz 68030 workstation!  Yippee!
>>

>   Chris, I remember you saying something a while back about buying a
>Macintosh.  Hmm, you seem to be moving through these machines at a mighty
>quick pace! :-)

Sigh...Nope, the Mac IIcx I had been using was just a loaner from
my job.  I had to give it back.

>   Well, I've heard statements directly from knowlegdeable people on
>Usenet that Atari's financial position is bleak, and Atari is probably
>going to go out of business soon!  You should probably offer the whole
>set for $10 or so, to get rid of it before you have to pay someone to
>haul it away.

Well, it IS bleak.  Nothing will change that.  We'll see who laughs last
when their next quarterly earnings come out.

>(Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Neither could I... :)

>J P

Chris Mauritz                 |Where there's a BEER,
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |there's a plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |Air Warrior is king!