[comp.sys.atari.st] I'm honored that you hit ^L

cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) (05/03/90)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Re: Its Mauritz again
In article <1990May3.124102.14921@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> pietrzak@king.CES.CWRU.Edu (John Pietrzak) writes:
>Chris is finally saying goodbye to his old ST.  His new machine:
>
>In article <CMM.0.88.641709311.cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
>>
>>An Amiga 3000 25mhz 68030 workstation!  Yippee!
>>

>   Chris, I remember you saying something a while back about buying a
>Macintosh.  Hmm, you seem to be moving through these machines at a mighty
>quick pace! :-)

Sigh...Nope, the Mac IIcx I had been using was just a loaner from
my job.  I had to give it back.

>   Well, I've heard statements directly from knowlegdeable people on
>Usenet that Atari's financial position is bleak, and Atari is probably
>going to go out of business soon!  You should probably offer the whole
>set for $10 or so, to get rid of it before you have to pay someone to
>haul it away.

Well, it IS bleak.  Nothing will change that.  We'll see who laughs last
when their next quarterly earnings come out.

>(Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Neither could I... :)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
In article <1990May3.124102.14921@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> pietrzak@king.CES.CWRU.Edu (John Pietrzak) writes:
>Chris is finally saying goodbye to his old ST.  His new machine:
>
>In article <CMM.0.88.641709311.cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu> cmm1@CUNIXA.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Christopher M Mauritz) writes:
>>
>>An Amiga 3000 25mhz 68030 workstation!  Yippee!
>>

>   Chris, I remember you saying something a while back about buying a
>Macintosh.  Hmm, you seem to be moving through these machines at a mighty
>quick pace! :-)

Sigh...Nope, the Mac IIcx I had been using was just a loaner from
my job.  I had to give it back.

>   Well, I've heard statements directly from knowlegdeable people on
>Usenet that Atari's financial position is bleak, and Atari is probably
>going to go out of business soon!  You should probably offer the whole
>set for $10 or so, to get rid of it before you have to pay someone to
>haul it away.

Well, it IS bleak.  Nothing will change that.  We'll see who laughs last
when their next quarterly earnings come out.

>(Sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Neither could I... :)

>J P

Chris Mauritz                 |Where there's a BEER,
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |there's a plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |Air Warrior is king!