[comp.sys.atari.st] TOS 1.4/1.6 Autobooting

gge@cxa.daresbury.ac.UK ("G. J. Baker") (05/03/90)

Hi Folks,

I have just unpacked my new 1040 Ste and am having a quick explore. Having
downloaded the DC Desk Demo I naturally tried the GEM autobooting facility.
However I can only seem to get one program to autoboot, even if I install
more than one only the last one installed appears in the DESKTOP.INF file.
Can anybody shed any light on this problem.

Gareth J.Baker

JANET:gge@uk.ac.dl.cxa                     |  Post:    S.E.R.C.,
Internet:gge%cxa.dl.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu  |           Daresbury Laboratories,
EARN/BITNET:gge%cxa.dl.ac.uk@UKACRL        |           Warrington, WA4 4AD,
UUCP:gge%cxa.dl.ac.uk@ukc.uucp             |           U.K.

ignac@electro.UUCP (Ignac Kolenko) (05/05/90)

In article <20451.9005031423@cxa.daresbury.ac.uk> gge@cxa.daresbury.ac.UK ("G. J. Baker") writes:

>Hi Folks,
>
>I have just unpacked my new 1040 Ste and am having a quick explore. Having
>downloaded the DC Desk Demo I naturally tried the GEM autobooting facility.
>However I can only seem to get one program to autoboot, even if I install
>more than one only the last one installed appears in the DESKTOP.INF file.
>Can anybody shed any light on this problem.

i believe that this is the limit that TOS 1.4 and onwards has imposed
for GEM autoboot programs. If you try to install more than one
autoboot program, only the last one will be installed.

Not really a problem, but a limitation of the desktop.

--
=====Ignac A. Kolenko (The Ig)=====watmath!watcgl!electro!brasoft!ignac======
     co-author of QuickST, and the entire line of Quick Software!!!!