[comp.sys.atari.st] Mac-->Atari Sound Converters

ccm020@deneb.ucdavis.edu (05/07/90)

Does anyone know an FTP site where I could get a utility to convert Mac format
sound files into Atari format?  So, for example, I could use Kermit to xfer
a Mac sound to my Unix account, and then Kermit from my ST to xfer it back,
and then use this program to convert it to a useable format.  I think there
was such a program in STart a while back, but I never got the disk.

Andy Bates                  | "When you wet the bed, first it is warm,
ambates@ames.arc.nasa.gov   |          then it gets cold." -- Patrick Stewart
or ccm020@deneb.ucdavis.edu | "Are you calling my flower a dilletante?!?"

dmb@wam.umd.edu (David M. Baggett) (05/07/90)

In article <7281@aggie.ucdavis.edu> ccm020@deneb.ucdavis.edu () writes:
>Does anyone know an FTP site where I could get a utility to convert Mac format
>sound files into Atari format?  So, for example, I could use Kermit to xfer
>a Mac sound to my Unix account, and then Kermit from my ST to xfer it back,
>and then use this program to convert it to a useable format.  I think there
>was such a program in STart a while back, but I never got the disk.

You can use the .data files pacakaged with Mac sounds directly on the
ST.  You don't need to do any conversion.  Just take the .data file,
get it onto your ST, then try it out with play.prg (posted to
comp.binaries.atari.st recently) to get the playback rate right.  You
can then use the sound with the Digital Keyclick, Beep, and Digivec
programs recently uploaded to terminator (soon to appear in
comp.binaries.atari.st).

Many of the sounds in the terminator archive are actually Mac samples.
Please upload any interesting sounds you find to
	terminator:atari/music/samples
so everyone can try them out...

Dave Baggett
dmb@wam.umd.edu