[comp.sys.atari.st] Input/Output redirection with Pexec

adp1@csug.cs.reading.ac.uk (Andrew Pollard) (05/07/90)

Hello,
 Please could anyone tell me how to redirect standard input and output before
a program is Pexec'ed. As far as I can tell, as soon as the program is started,
it resets its standard channels. I am trying to write a simple command shell.

Thanks,
	Andrew

| Andrew Pollard            | adp1@uk.ac.reading.cs.csug                       |
| Dept of Computer Science  | adp1%uk.ac.reading.cs.csug@uk.ac.nsfnet-relay    |
| Reading University        |                                                  |
| England                   |                                                  |

cs325ec@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Gregory Lemperle-Kerr) (05/08/90)

adp1@csug.cs.reading.ac.uk (Andrew Pollard) writes:

>Hello,
> Please could anyone tell me how to redirect standard input and output before
>a program is Pexec'ed. As far as I can tell, as soon as the program is started,
>it resets its standard channels. I am trying to write a simple command shell.

Can't one just replace the gemdos trap vector with an address of one's own
routine?  Check if it is a output call and buffer or save the output to
a file.

-- Greg