[comp.sys.atari.st] Supercharger question and GDOS

wngai@ics.uci.edu (Wayne Ngai) (05/06/90)

Hi, can someone please tell me what intel processor does the supercharger
uses, is it 286?  Also, can someone please send me a 24-pin printer driver
for the EPSON LQ500 and LQ510?  I have the printer driver for LQ800 but
not the ones above.  I am asking this for a friend.

thanks in advance!

Wayne,

wngai@paris.ics.uci.edu

buggs@cup.portal.com (William Edward JuneJr) (05/07/90)

>Wayne,
>wngai@paris.ics.uci.edu
>Hi, can someone please tell me what intel processor does the supercharger
>uses, is it 286?

I understand it to use a V20 or 30 processor, NO Intel processor.

Gee, now WHERE ARE the '386 emulators, I'd like one of those!
Ed June

buggs@cup.portal.com      <--- what is this? A UUCP address?

rick@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Eric Ruck) (05/08/90)

In article <29667@cup.portal.com> buggs@cup.portal.com (William Edward JuneJr) writes:
>>Wayne,
>>wngai@paris.ics.uci.edu
>>Hi, can someone please tell me what intel processor does the supercharger
>>uses, is it 286?
>
>I understand it to use a V20 or 30 processor, NO Intel processor.
>
>Gee, now WHERE ARE the '386 emulators, I'd like one of those!
>Ed June

Darndest thing...I just bought a 386/20 with 1024X768X256 colors out of
who knows how many, 4 megs RAM, 65 MByte hard drive, 2 floppies, and the
whole thing cost me not much more than my mono Mega 2 system.  Don't get
me wrong, I'm not abandoning my Atari (I need a Mac, or an ST that thinks
it's a Mac, running next to the PC) but this power without the price thing
is really a myth.  All it really is is Mac OS without the price.

Eric