[comp.sys.atari.st] Mail to David Beckemeyer...

rcc9885@ultb.isc.rit.edu (R.C. Costello) (05/04/90)

Dave,

   I have been told that you can use The DCPort with RTX, but I need to
know how.  I don't want to invest alot of time developing a package without
know how to do this.

Thanks,

--------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
Robert Costello           | 010001000100110101010011010001000100110101010011
rcc9885@ultb.isc.rit.edu  |           Digitally Mastered Software
rcc9885@ritvax.BITNET     | 010001000100110101010011010001000100110101010011
--------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (05/08/90)

In article <3025@ultb.isc.rit.edu> rcc9885@ultb.isc.rit.edu (R.C. Costello) writes:
>Dave,
>
>   I have been told that you can use The DCPort with RTX, but I need to
>know how.  I don't want to invest alot of time developing a package without
>know how to do this.

I'm answering this here because I couldn't get mail to Mr. Costello and
because a lot of people have asked about this lately.

I have just finished a first cut at RTX DC-Port drivers.  I think I will
give the source back to Double-Click and let them decide what to do with
it reather than sell it.  The other drivers I have for RTX I sell for $100.

I have posted to GEnie a description of the specifications of the RTX
d_cntrl interface for "standard" TTY drivers (i.e. how you check for carrier
and control DTR, etc.)  If there is interest, I can either mail this
documentation to those interested, or perhaps post it.

--
David Beckemeyer (david@bdt.UUCP)	| "I'll forgive you Dad...  If you have
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| a breath mint."