[comp.sys.atari.st] Zmodem and Uniterm

Harry_Wallace_Waddell@cup.portal.com (05/24/89)

>Hello out there!  Anyone ever try using sz and rz with UniTerm?  I tried last
>night and I kept getting TOS error #39.  What does that mean?  Does anyone
>know of a zmodem desk.acc that you can call up from any GEM program?  I saw one
>that supported SEAlink, but zmodem would be so much nicer.  Also, I just moved
>back into my parent's home for a few months and they have call waiting.  Well,
>I guess I don't have to tell you what a miserable effect it's having on my
>datacommunicatns.  Does anyone know how to turn call waiting off and on?
>Thanks.

To use the RZ.PRG with uniterm, you need to confiqure the buffers
so that sufficient system memory remains, i.e. I downloaded the above
using uniterm, RZ.PRG, and 500k of system memory left free by uniterm.
This should work for uniterm 2.0c or later.

As far as call waiting goes, try dialing 1170 as a prefix to
the number you are calling. If you hear three tones before the rest of the
number is dialed, then call waiting is dissabled. Once again it works for me.

					Harry Waddell
					harry_wallace_waddell@cup.portal.COM

millert@boulder.Colorado.EDU (MILLER TODD C) (05/07/90)

  Does anyone know if it is possible to run zmodem from within Uniterm?  I just
get a TOS error when I try.  Is there anyway to make the two get along or am I
just wasting my time?
  Thanks in advance -- Todd

|                 Todd Miller - millert@tramp.Colorado.EDU                     |
|           Meet the new boss, just the same as old boss - The Who             |

piet@cs.ruu.nl (Piet van Oostrum) (05/08/90)

In article <20721@boulder.Colorado.EDU>, millert@boulder (MILLER TODD C) writes:

 |  Does anyone know if it is possible to run zmodem from within Uniterm?  I just
 |get a TOS error when I try.  Is there anyway to make the two get along or am I
 |just wasting my time?

You have to make sure that there is enough memory to run Zmodem (or any
other program) from Uniterm. By default Uniterm takes almost all memory for
its buffers. Just make the buffers smaller until you have a fair amount of
TOS memory left.
--
Piet* van Oostrum, Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University,
Padualaan 14, P.O. Box 80.089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands.