[comp.sys.atari.st] Developer's gripes

root@irscscm (Admin) (05/04/90)

In article <489@seqp4.UUCP> markr@seqp4.UUCP (Mark Roddy,) writes:
>I don't understand the incredibly negative comments regarding
>the developers program at atari. For an investment of $300
>five years ago I have received a continuing stream of documentation,
>information, and software. The quality has improved steadily since
>the infamous "Hitchhiker's Guide to the BIOS."

I more or less agree.  The stream of documentation hasn't always been
steady but in the last six months or so it has been great.  And it's
more than just docs that's getting to developers now.  Disks containing
lists of end users, dealers, and press sources are becoming available.
Very useful programs are being sent out.  Discounts for Atari hardware
and software are being offerred to developers.  The softsource (or
whatever) program atari is kicking off will be a great advantage for
developers.

I thank Atari for their developer support.

Marshall Lake
mlake@irscscm.UUCP

ignac@electro.UUCP (Ignac Kolenko) (05/05/90)

In article <1990May3.170737.8279@irscscm> mlake@irscscm.UUCP (Marshall Lake) writes:
>I more or less agree.  The stream of documentation hasn't always been
>steady but in the last six months or so it has been great.  And it's
>more than just docs that's getting to developers now.  Disks containing
>lists of end users, dealers, and press sources are becoming available.
>Very useful programs are being sent out.  Discounts for Atari hardware
>and software are being offerred to developers.  The softsource (or
>whatever) program atari is kicking off will be a great advantage for
>developers.
>
>I thank Atari for their developer support.

i wish i could say the same for Atari Canada: here at Electrohome,
we haven't received anything in the way of even a simple newsletter
to say that Atari Canada is still alive. Does Atari USA ship the
new docs to Canada, or does Atari Canada have to create the documentation
themselves before registered developers in Canada get the information?

anyways, not griping, just wonderin' ...

--
=====Ignac A. Kolenko (The Ig)=====watmath!watcgl!electro!brasoft!ignac======
     co-author of QuickST, and the entire line of Quick Software!!!!

ant@mks.com (Anthony Howe) (05/08/90)

I have been a 'developer' for about 4 years and I received my last news letter
from Atari Canada about 3 years ago. I have always had to phone in about
once every two months to find out if there were any new updates to either
MadMac, Aln, Db, or the DevDocs. The last update to MadMac I have I think
is 1.05 (or is it 1.13). It would be nice if they could even send us a
bi-annual newsletter saying something like -- Hi guys, this is Eddy, your...
Atari Germany seems to talk to their people, some of us lucky ones have
net access and so can ask questions of Allan and Ken, but why do individual
Canadian developers have to look outside of Canada for help?

- ant
--
            __                             "A thousan li journey begins
 _  . .-|- / _\ .  . |_  _.    _  _  .  .   with just one step."