[comp.sys.atari.st] 11 Sector per track formatter...

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (05/27/90)

In article <721@zinn.MV.COM>, kgg@zinn.MV.COM (Kenn Goutal) writes:
>A related, and probably easier-answered question:
>Is there an easily-obtainable, well-regarded program
>that will allow me to format DSDD disks for the IBM PC on my Atari?
>I gather that I don't want to do this for stuff that will truly
>only ever be useful on my Atari, but (a) I often want to exchange
>text and source files with IBM PC's, and (b) it would give me some
>comfort if all my non-system files were backed up on disks that
>something besides the ST could read, in case of catastrophic failure.
>
>-- Kenn Goutal
>
>"Ship and travel intermodally;  commute electronically!"
>
>UUCP:	kenn@rr.MV.COM		(...decvax!zinn!rr!kenn)
>  or:	kenn@zinn.MV.COM	(...decvax!zinn!kenn)
>BIX:	kenn
>CompuServe:	71117.2572	(PARTI handle == kenn)
>TelePath:	kenn

  I dl'ed a utility called ps2form from comp.binaries.atari.st several months
  ago.  It works much more reliably than anything else I have tried.  It should
  be on terminator or some such.

              Mickey Boyd            |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
          FSU Computer Science       |      Even I have trouble doing it."
        Technical Support Group      |
      mail:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu   |              - Tallulah Bankhead