[comp.sys.atari.st] Tech Specialties upgrade board

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (05/27/90)

I know this general topic has been covered many times before,
so I thought I'd ask in a more specialized way.  I'm
interested in hearing from anyone who has used a Tech
Specialties board to add memory to a 520ST...not FM, but not
the first run either...i.e. the one that has an RF modulator
in it AND a reset button on the back.  If anyone has used this
board to upgrade memory to such a machine, I would appreciate
finding out how your experience was: from dealing with the
company to putting in the board and after.  Email to me at the
addresses below (the bitnet machine is more reliable).
Thanks,
Gerry
ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu
maxg@suvm  (bitnet)

boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu (Mickey Boyd) (05/27/90)

In article <3501@rodan.acs.syr.edu>, ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) writes:
>I know this general topic has been covered many times before,
>so I thought I'd ask in a more specialized way.  I'm
>interested in hearing from anyone who has used a Tech
>Specialties board to add memory to a 520ST...not FM, but not
>the first run either...i.e. the one that has an RF modulator
>in it AND a reset button on the back.  If anyone has used this
>board to upgrade memory to such a machine, I would appreciate
>finding out how your experience was: from dealing with the
>company to putting in the board and after.  Email to me at the
>addresses below (the bitnet machine is more reliable).
>Thanks,
>Gerry
>ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu
>maxg@suvm  (bitnet)

  I thought the catalog from the company was impressive.  After making such
  a statement here however, many netters posted bad experiences with this
  company.  I decided to not buy any of their stuff, just to be safe (nothing
  is worse than being screwed through the mail).

              Mickey Boyd            |    "Nobody can be exactly like me.
          FSU Computer Science       |      Even I have trouble doing it."
        Technical Support Group      |
      mail:  boyd@fsucs.cs.fsu.edu   |              - Tallulah Bankhead