[comp.sys.atari.st] Gemini & Emacs

bills@mcrware.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (05/26/90)

I've been playing with Gemini (English version), looks great so far, although
it seems to take about 260K of memory when I execute other programs from it.

When I run emacs V3.10 from the console window and then shell out of emacs I
get four bombs, a return to Gemini, and bizarre behavior until I coldboot.
I've noticed the the environment variable for $SHELL is mupfel.prg. Is emacs
trying to shell to mupfel.prg, but can't since there is no program by that
name when using the integrated Gemini? Is it possible to shell from emacs
back to the console window/mupfel?

Bill Sheppard

hase@netmbx.UUCP (Hartmut Semken) (05/28/90)

In article <1661@mcrware.UUCP> bills@mcrware.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
>When I run emacs V3.10 from the console window and then shell out of emacs I
>get four bombs, a return to Gemini, and bizarre behavior until I coldboot.

I have the same problem with Mark Williams msh as well.

I solved the problem by going back to 3.9e. This one works.

hase
--
Hartmut Semken, Lupsteiner Weg 67, 1000 Berlin 37 hase@netmbx.UUCP
Hi! (Zaphod Beeblebrox)