[comp.sys.atari.st] CBM Stock

hr@pro-graphics.cts.com (Harry Hermance) (05/28/90)

Chris, I love stock information.   I have to for my own portfolio.   Any
information about Atari Stock getting ready for a move will be appreciated.
I baught the ISO and sold at 31 ..  I've been wating for some State side
hardware support before I buy again.
        Bye
        Harry H.

 ProLine: hr@pro-graphics
    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!hr
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!hr@nosc.mil
Internet: hr@pro-graphics.cts.com

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (05/28/90)

In article <2851@crash.cts.com> hr@pro-graphics.cts.com (Harry Hermance) writes:

>Chris, I love stock information.   I have to for my own portfolio.   Any
>information about Atari Stock getting ready for a move will be appreciated.
>I baught the ISO and sold at 31 ..  I've been wating for some State side
>hardware support before I buy again.

Hehe, don't hold your breath waiting for Atari stock to move.  The
market is exceptionally bullish (OTC market, that is) and ATC has
just kinda sat there watching the world go by.  I was expecting a
teeny weeny bit of movement after it was announce that Atari was
working on a deal to trade computers for 256K DRAMS (chuckle) with
the USSR.  It didn't budge.  This is bad for Atari, as the stock
market has effectively been closed to them as a source of raising
fresh capital.  Issuing new stock or splitting the shares outstanding
would only worsen their capitalization situation.  It would drive
the value of ATC stock even lower, thus severely limiting the amount
of capital generated.

You'd be better off buying SOFTWARE TOOLWORKS (OTC), RASTER
DEVICES (OTC) or SUN MICROSYSTEMS (OTC) if you're really
interested in making cash at this point in the market.

Anyway, this is going to piss off the net.purists who demand
that only C code and debugging information be posted on the
net. :-)  To them I apologize (nah).  Please followup using
email.

>        Bye
>        Harry H.
>
> ProLine: hr@pro-graphics
>    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!hr
>ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!hr@nosc.mil
>Internet: hr@pro-graphics.cts.com

Regards,

Chris

Chris Mauritz                 |Where there's a BEER,
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |there's a plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |Air Warrior is king!