[comp.sys.atari.st] sunclock.prg

bills@mcrware.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) (05/26/90)

I've been unable to make sunclock.prg work on my 1 meg 520 w/TOS 1.4. Yes,
I have included sunclock.rsc posted here recently. I get three bombs almost
immediately upon double-clicking, regardless of auto/accessory programs.
Any ideas? Anyone made it work?

Bill Sheppard

jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka) (05/26/90)

In article <1660@mcrware.UUCP> bills@mcrware.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
>I've been unable to make sunclock.prg work on my 1 meg 520 w/TOS 1.4.

I was able to run SUNCLOCK on my 1 meg 520 TOS 1.0 _color_ system, using the
Monoware monochrome emulator.

As I recall, the only other stuff I had loaded was TurboST 1.8 (auto version)
and Maccel 2 from Atari.

Jeff

|Jeffrey C. Burka                | "On the outskirts of nowhere           |
|jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu   |  on the ringroad to somewhere,         |
|jburka@amber.ucs.indiana.edu    |  on the verge of indecision..." --Fish |

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) (05/26/90)

In article <45828@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka) writes:
>In article <1660@mcrware.UUCP> bills@mcrware.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
>>I've been unable to make sunclock.prg work on my 1 meg 520 w/TOS 1.4.
>
>I was able to run SUNCLOCK on my 1 meg 520 TOS 1.0 _color_ system, using the
>Monoware monochrome emulator.

I got it running on my ST2.  No problem at all.

My only complaint is that the screen is 6 hours out of sync
with the sun itself.  That is because the program is set to
agree with the sun if you have the clock on your ST set to
Middle European Time.

Joep Mathijssen, the porter, (good work Joep) is sitting
one fourth of the way around the world from me.

I would love to see the sun come up (or set) just as the edge of
the shadow moves past thej place on the map where I sit.  (*)
I think that there needs to be a way to set an "offset" on the
sunclock.  The offset needs to be in hours and minutes, cause
not all time zones are one hour apart.

	(They say that when you land in Newfoundland, you
	set your watch back by half an hour and 50 years.)

	(*) Where does the archive site "terminator" get its name?

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (05/27/90)

In article <1660@mcrware.UUCP> bills@mcrware.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
>I've been unable to make sunclock.prg work on my 1 meg 520 w/TOS 1.4.

I have the same configuration and it works for me.  Only problem is that
if I leave it running long enough for PYRO (my screen darkener) to kick
in, it messes up sunclock.

Anyone know how to exit sunclock?  Other than rebooting?
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577

klute@heike.informatik.uni-dortmund.de (Rainer Klute) (05/28/90)

In article <1990May26.204820.18791@cs.dal.ca>, silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill
Silvert) writes:
|>Anyone know how to exit sunclock?  Other than rebooting?

I succeeded with Ctrl-C. However, I suppose that's not the way one
should do it because when I restartet Sunclock the world stayed dark. No
sun at all. I exited Sunclock again and startet Laser C to do some other
work. The first thing Laser C suggested was to reboot the system :-(.

  Dipl.-Inform. Rainer Klute      klute@heike.informatik.uni-dortmund.de
  Univ. Dortmund, IRB             klute@unido.uucp, klute@unido.bitnet
  Postfach 500500         |)|/    ...uunet!unido!klute
D-4600 Dortmund 50        |\|\    Tel.: +49 231 755-4663

jgp@fctunl.rccn.pt (Jose Goncalo Pedro) (05/30/90)

I haven't tried this yet, but just today i unuucoded it, and i
remember it said something like this:

Usage:
    <single-click left mouse button> : show dialog-box with some options
    <double-click left mouse button> : exit

Hope this helps!

--
---
Jose Goncalo Pedro              BITNET/Internet: jgp@fctunl.rccn.pt
 |   Departamento de Informatica   +----------------------------------+
 |   Universidade Nova de Lisboa      2825 Monte Caparica, PORTUGAL   |

schultzd@cpsin1.uucp (David Schultz) (05/30/90)

In article <45828@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> jburka@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Jeffrey C. Burka) writes:

>I was able to run SUNCLOCK on my 1 meg 520 TOS 1.0 _color_ system, using the
>Monoware monochrome emulator.

I cannot get monoware to work on my 520ST with TOS 1.0.  I get the message
that I do not have enough memory to run it.  Do I really need at least
a meg to run the emulator?
--
David W. Schultz | schultzd@cpsin.cps.msu.edu OR schultzd@frith.egr.msu.edu
#define		DISCLAIMER	"It is NOT my fault...!"

baffoni@alcor.usc.edu (Juxtaposer) (05/30/90)

	Hi, I just have a real quick question that I'm sure everyone (except
me!) and their brother knows, but how do you know what version of TOS you have
when you know you don't have TOS1.4 (and the neat little rainbow thingy that
comes with it, absolutely free)?

-Mike baffoni

I couldn't have said it...ain't no one here but us clouds.... or was that clods
....?

csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod ) (05/30/90)

baffoni@alcor.usc.edu (Juxtaposer) writes:

>	Hi, I just have a real quick question that I'm sure everyone (except
>me!) and their brother knows, but how do you know what version of TOS you have
>when you know you don't have TOS1.4 (and the neat little rainbow thingy that
>comes with it, absolutely free)?

The TOS 1.0 says (C) 1985, 86 in its info box. BlitterTOS mentions 1987 if
I remember it right. If you click on 'Hardcopy' in the DESKTOP menu, you
will get a safety alert box in BlitterTOS, but not in TOS 1.0. If you
worked with both versions, you'll also be able to detect the version just
from the speed of window redraw.

Claus Brod, Am Felsenkeller 2,			Things. Take. Time.
D-8772 Marktheidenfeld, West Germany		(Stolen from unknown.)
csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de