[comp.sys.atari.st] Perl, was Re: When will GNU AWK 2.11 be available?

roeder@sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de (Edgar Roeder) (06/07/90)

In article <3037@gos.ukc.ac.uk>, dac@ukc.ac.uk (David Clear) writes:
> be before we see an ST port? And on the subject of text processors, is there
> a version of perl for the ST?

I have a version of perl running. It's about 250 kB large and was compiled
with GCC V1.37.1. It passes almost all tests. I am still having some problems
with it:
	- command output substitution within backquotes (like: `echo hello`)
	  does not work
	- fork/exec/pipe do not work (no surprise :-)
	- Carriage Returns at the end of line lead to an error "illegal
	  character (015) in file ..."

> Dave.
> --

	- Edgar