[comp.sys.atari.st] comp.sys.atari.tt?

kibo@pawl15.pawl.rpi.edu (James 'Kibo' Parry) (06/10/90)

[]
	About half of articles in c.s.atari.ST lately have had 'TT' or '030'
in their subject lines.

	Who'd like to propose comp.sys.atari.TT?

--
james "kibo" parry, 138 birch lane, scotia, ny 12302 <-- close to schenectady.
kibo@pawl.rpi.edu            _________________________________________________

tainter@cbnewsd.att.com (johnathan.tainter) (06/12/90)

In article <Y|}$A=*@rpi.edu> kibo@pawl15.pawl.rpi.edu (James 'Kibo' Parry) writes:
>[]
>	About half the articles in comp.sys.atari.st lately have included
>'TT' or '030' in their subject lines.

Still not enough volume.  Besides most of this has not been TT it has been
TT vs. Amiga '030 flame wars.  There are already three news groups where
this is appropriate (your mileage may vary), alt.flame, talk.religion.misc
and talk.abortion.

I don't think a system which is not yet available, is only sort of defined,
and which will probably never see sales in the U.S. (all do respect to
the international contingent but the U.S. constitutes the major volume of
toy computer sales) is really going to sustain a whole newgroup for very long
until by some off chance it really does get sold.

>	Who's going to porpose comp.sys.atari.tt?

porpose?   porpose: v., to return an air breathing mammal to ocean life, maybe?!

>james "kibo" parry, 138 birch lane, scotia, ny 12302 <-- close to schenectady.

--johnathan.a.tainter--
   att!ihlpb!tainter

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (06/12/90)

In article <1990Jun11.211750.12359@cbnewsd.att.com> tainter@cbnewsd.att.com (johnathan.tainter) writes:
>In article <Y|}$A=*@rpi.edu> kibo@pawl15.pawl.rpi.edu (James 'Kibo' Parry) writes:
>>[]
>>	About half the articles in comp.sys.atari.st lately have included
>>'TT' or '030' in their subject lines.

Though I suspect only about half of the articles actually talked about
the TT.

>Still not enough volume.  Besides most of this has not been TT it has been
>TT vs. Amiga '030 flame wars.

I don't think this is the case at all.  A few ST users and a few Amiga users
posted specs on the A3000 as a comparison of what was expected
performance-wise from the TT.  Then a few die-hard Atari love-it-orleave-it
babies turned on the flame throwers.  Finally, Dave Haynie came in and
dispelled a lot of the misinformation being spread by these same
flamers.

>There are already three news groups where
>this is appropriate (your mileage may vary), alt.flame, talk.religion.misc
>and talk.abortion.

Well, I think the 2 machines preach to the same audience so I don't
think it is too blasphenous to discuss them in the same posting do you?
I think the actual flame content of this discussion has been rather
limited compared to prior experinces.

>I don't think a system which is not yet available, is only sort of defined,
>and which will probably never see sales in the U.S. (all do respect to
>the international contingent but the U.S. constitutes the major volume of
>toy computer sales) is really going to sustain a whole newgroup for very long
>until by some off chance it really does get sold.

No argument there.  Even IF the machine is sold, I don't think there
will be enough sold to sustain a newsgroup IMHO.

>>	Who's going to porpose comp.sys.atari.tt?
>
>porpose?   porpose: v., to return an air breathing mammal to ocean life, maybe?!

Now now....That's not nice. hehe... :-)

>>james "kibo" parry, 138 birch lane, scotia, ny 12302 <-- close to schenectady.
>
>--johnathan.a.tainter--
>   att!ihlpb!tainter

Chris

Chris Mauritz                 |Donde hay una cerveza
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |hay un plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |El Guerrero Aereo es el rey!