[comp.sys.atari.st] Gemini trouble: Deleting folder on A: -> 2 bombs

chris@ethz.UUCP (Christian Dreyer) (06/13/90)

Each time I try to delete a folder (empty or not, no matter) on my floppy
Gemini throws bombs and puts me back on the usual desktop! Strangely enough
this problem seems to occur only
since I have followed the lately here published hint do delete the line
#T ... in GEMINI.INF. Anybody knows help?

--
   $      Chris  Dreyer      St. Gall Graduate School for Economic and    $
   $      Student            Social Science, Switzerland                  $

rmacgreg@cs.strath.ac.uk (Sorcerer) (06/13/90)

In article <4738@ethz.UUCP> chris@ethz.UUCP (Christian Dreyer) writes:
>Each time I try to delete a folder (empty or not, no matter) on my floppy
>Gemini throws bombs and puts me back on the usual desktop! Strangely enough
>this problem seems to occur only
>since I have followed the lately here published hint do delete the line
>#T ... in GEMINI.INF. Anybody knows help?

Hmmmm, I think that the line #T is the one about the trash can.  I've not
deleted it on my copy of Gemini, which also runs on Floppy, and so far I've
not had any problems, but I'll experiment and see.

The best thing to do is to stick it back in again (you do have a backup don't
you?).

	The Sorcerer

       /****************************************************************\
      /*                        ___                                     *\
     /*     _____              /                                         *\
    /*        |   |__   __    /___  ___  ___  ___ ___  ___  ___  ___      *\
    \*        |   |  | |__|      / /  / /  / /   /__/ /  / /__/ /  /      */
     \*       |   |  | |__   ___/ /__/ /    /__ /__  /    /__  /         */
       |*                  rmacgreg @ uk.ac.strath.cs                  *|
        \*                'Only visiting this planet.'                */