[comp.sys.atari.st] Info on TT

cjr@cs.bham.ac.uk (Chris Ridd <RiddCJ>) (06/28/90)

In article <1425@epd74hp.nluug.nl> geoff@epd74hp.UUCP (Geoff Coupe) writes:
>Re hardware spec:-
>
>> 32 MHz clock speed
>
>a definite plus...
>
>> 720 Kb diskette
>
>You're joking!  1.44 Mb should surely be standard?
>
>- Geoff Coupe

According to a 'review' (I call it that in the loosest possible sense)
of a TT in ST User in the UK, they mention that 1.44Mb drives would be
included as standard as soon as possible.  There is a greyed out menu
option to format 1.44Mb disks on the desktop.  But it looks as though
Atari will ship machines with old floppies for at least some time.

   Chris

-- Chris Ridd, Computer Science, Birmingham Uni, UK -- RiddCJ@Cs.Bham.Ac.Uk --

"'It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it,' said War testily, 'the One
Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse.'" - Sourcery

jhenders@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (John Henders) (06/29/90)

 Re: Shipping TT's w/720k floppy drives.

I believe someone from Atari recently said they would be shipping initially
with 720k floppies as they were have problems tting the 1.4m's to read
the old floppies.
 Also,what happened to the vote on comp.sys.atari.tech? Hasn't the voting period
expired? Could we hear from the vote taker or did he lose his access?

jhenders@van-bc.UUCP