[comp.sys.atari.st] Writing programs which will run as both ACCs and PRGs

MICHAEL_ARTHUR@bdt.UUCP (07/01/90)

Here is the message I am responding to:
----------
From: kloppen@gmdzi.UUCP (Jelske Kloppenburg)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.atari.st
Subject: Re: Writing programs which will run as both ACC's and PRG's
Date: 25 Jun 90 20:22:17 GMT

cmp8157@sys.uea.ac.uk (S.M. Sowerby) writes:

>            ...  Is it right to always assume that 0 indicates a PRG and 2
>(or at least >0) is a desk accessory ?   This is the way I do it annd it
works
>quite happily.

I wrote an accessory from which I can start programs. If You ever call Your
program from such an accessory, it will believe it is that accessory.
But if You dont...

greetings j.k.

  Jelske Kloppenburg
  German National Research Center for Computer Science (GMD)

Is this program Public Domain?  If so, could you send E-Mail as to how you
accomplished this feat with your program, and the ramifications of running
programs from an accessory?

If possible, source code would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks!
/s