[comp.sys.atari.st] Sending Non TOS format disks over the net

h236_014@ccvax.ucd.ie (07/04/90)

In article <1656@mwca.UUCP>, bill@mwca.UUCP (Bill Sheppard) writes:
> Thanks to everyone who offered to send me the Union and other demoes! The
> response was great, mostly from Europe, although I'll only need to send to
> Seattle for it (I'm in N. California).
>
> Perhaps it would be a good project for someone to hack the built-in program
> copier to allow the disk to be saved to a normal file, then recreate the
> disk elsewhere (for easier world-wide distribution!).
>

> --
> ################################################################################
> #  Bill Sheppard                   #   OS-9: Seven generations beyond __/_!!   #
> #  Microware Systems Corporation   #   OS-9000: 4500 times better than...      #
> #######Opinions expressed are my own, though you'd be wise to adopt them!#######

	There is a program called Magic Shadow that can be used to send non
TOS format disks over the net and recreate them at the far end. It could be
used for the Union demo above or for the netter looking for the CPM emulator
system disk or even for Spectre/Magic Sac/Aladin disks, but not I think for
real mac disks. It's PD and available from several mail servers.

	Padraig.

cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu (Christopher M Mauritz) (07/06/90)

In article <3401.26921212@ccvax.ucd.ie> h236_014@ccvax.ucd.ie writes:

>	There is a program called Magic Shadow that can be used to send non
>TOS format disks over the net and recreate them at the far end. It could be
>used for the Union demo above or for the netter looking for the CPM emulator
>system disk or even for Spectre/Magic Sac/Aladin disks, but not I think for
>real mac disks. It's PD and available from several mail servers.

I have already tried this method.  Apparently, the disk is too densely
packed for even shadow to deal with it.  The demo is HUGE! I suspect
there is more than a megabyte worth of info on the disk.

>	Padraig.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris Mauritz                 |Donde hay una cerveza
cmm1@cunixa.cc.columbia.edu   |hay un plan.
(c)All rights reserved.       |
Send flames to /dev/null      |El Guerrero Aereo es el rey!