[comp.sys.atari.st] SIM City

kibo@pawl.rpi.edu (James 'Kibo' Parry) (06/27/90)

In article <1990Jun26.105307.1773@water.waterloo.edu> ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (L.J.Dickey) writes:
>In article <5648@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU> someone writes:
>
>> ... I think they made the city list/data sheet
>>red so you cannot photocopy, pretty smart if you ask me.
>
>One problem... 10 percent of the male population has some
>sort of color blindness, and red-green is the most common form.

"Color blindness" doesn't mean the person can't see red things--
in this case, red-green color blindness just means they won't be
able to tell "red" and "green" apart.  Red print on reddish paper
(like the SimCity sheet) should be just as readable to them as to
anyone else...  red print on GREEN paper would cause problems for
someone with red-green color blindness, like the color blindness
tests that have numbers made of red and green dots.

Of course, red print on green paper would give everyone else
a headache when they tried to read it, too.  :-)

--
james "kibo" parry, 138 birch lane, scotia, ny 12302 <-- close to schenectady.
kibo@pawl.rpi.edu            _________________________________________________

woju@mist.UUCP (Wolfgang Jung) (06/29/90)

In article <4280012@hpgnd.HP.COM> alex@hpgnd.HP.COM
(Alexis MERMET-GRANDFILLES) writes:

> I would only regret that the MAP window is not sizeable and , of course the
> worst is that horrible BUG in GEM that make ou have to repeat mouse clicks on
> sliders to make them move multiple times. Its a shame when you have to deal
> with big towns...

You are probalby working with that old buggy TOS 1.0 just get TOS 1.4 with
the patch Prgrams or a debugged Version of TOS 1.4 . You will notice, that
you won't need a multiclicks anymore, whner you want to keep on scrolling

Greetings
	Wolfgang Jung

--
============================================================================#
#      Wolfgang Jung                     Email:a)woju@mist.UUCP             #

Christopher@cup.portal.com (Chris Jay McBride) (06/30/90)

There are some differences between the IBM, Mac, and Amiga versions an
version.  The ST version does not have the 'cheat' that allows you to
embezzle funds (to the tune of $10,000 a pop).  To do this on the other
computer versions you just type in 'FUND' during the normal course of the game
and it will give you $10,000.  There is a catch, you cant do it more than a
couple of times in a row, or you will suffer a major earthquake disaster.

I wondered that since the ST version of Simcity was programmed by Infrogrames
(a french company (?)), that you might have to type in the french word for
FUND.  But I have no idea what that is.  Anyone have any ideas as to what
the cheat might be (if there is one).

merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) (07/01/90)

In article <31273@cup.portal.com>, Christopher@cup (Chris Jay McBride) writes:
| There are some differences between the IBM, Mac, and Amiga versions an
| version.  The ST version does not have the 'cheat' that allows you to
| embezzle funds (to the tune of $10,000 a pop).  To do this on the other
| computer versions you just type in 'FUND' during the normal course of the game
| and it will give you $10,000.  There is a catch, you cant do it more than a
| couple of times in a row, or you will suffer a major earthquake disaster.
|
| I wondered that since the ST version of Simcity was programmed by Infrogrames
| (a french company (?)), that you might have to type in the french word for
| FUND.  But I have no idea what that is.  Anyone have any ideas as to what
| the cheat might be (if there is one).

Au contraire! (Spelled like I pronounce it... my humblest apologies... :-)

The word is "MONEY" typed in with the shift key.  What a neat hack.
--
/=Randal L. Schwartz, Stonehenge Consulting Services (503)777-0095 ==========\
| on contract to Intel's iWarp project, Beaverton, Oregon, USA, Sol III      |

cr1@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Anubis) (07/03/90)

In article <31273@cup.portal.com> Christopher@cup.portal.com (Chris Jay McBride) writes:
>There are some differences between the IBM, Mac, and Amiga versions an
>version.  The ST version does not have the 'cheat' that allows you to
>embezzle funds (to the tune of $10,000 a pop).  To do this on the other
>computer versions you just type in 'FUND' during the normal course of the game
>and it will give you $10,000.  There is a catch, you cant do it more than a
>couple of times in a row, or you will suffer a major earthquake disaster.
>
>I wondered that since the ST version of Simcity was programmed by Infrogrames
>(a french company (?)), that you might have to type in the french word for
>FUND.  But I have no idea what that is.  Anyone have any ideas as to what
>the cheat might be (if there is one).

Actually, the cheat does exist.  Try typing MONEY instead of funs, it
seems to work the same as on the IBM version of the game.

--
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=That is not dead which may eternal lie-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
*     Christoper Roth                         *  "Machines have no

marc@uni-paderborn.de (Marc Gumbold) (07/06/90)

Is it true that Sim City runs in Low Res only? I read about the game in
Newsweek (!) a couple of months ago and was since then eagerly waiting for
the ST version to come out. What a pity if I couldn't play it just because
of my black & white monitor!

Are there any rumors whether Sim City will once run in Hi Res?

Marc
--

   Marc Gumbold    EMail: marc@uni-paderborn.de       Phone: +49 5251 60 3803
                   Snail: Uni-GH Paderborn, FB17i, 4790 Paderborn, W. Germany

gordon@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu (John Gordon) (07/06/90)

	I was reading about the ST version of Sim City on GEnie, and I am
pretty sure that it is low-res only.  Sorry.

---
John Gordon
Internet: gordon@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu        #include <disclaimer.h>
          gordon@cerl.cecer.army.mil       #include <clever_saying.h>
GEnie:    j.gordon14

rvr@fctunl.rccn.pt (Rogerio Reis (CIUP)) (07/06/90)

	Yes, I have the game here, and it runs only in low-res.

rvr

| Rogerio Reis            |
| UUCP: rvr@nccup.pt      |
| EAN:  rvr@ncc.up.ctt.pt |