[comp.sys.atari.st] Moria 5.2 Binaries

ppanicolle@rose.waterloo.edu (Philippe Nicolle) (07/11/90)

Does somebody knows where the latest version of Moria (posted
in comp.sources.games not long ago) can be found.

I can get the source but I don't have the resources to compile them.

Thanks,

Phil

ppanicolle@rose.waterloo.edu
ppanicolle@rose.uwaterloo.ca
uunet!watmath!rose!ppanicolle

saj@chinet.chi.il.us (Stephen Jacobs) (07/12/90)

In article <1990Jul11.041521.9001@watdragon.waterloo.edu> ppanicolle@rose.waterloo.edu (Philippe Nicolle) writes:

>Does somebody knows where the latest version of Moria (posted
>in comp.sources.games not long ago) can be found.
>
>I can get the source but I don't have the resources to compile them.

I have the stuff compiled, and it works just fine, but an important part of
the program simply doesn't exist yet: the highscores file and associated
routines.  I was figuring to wait until Jim Wilson decrees what the standard
would be (one nice thing about moria is that files are supposed to be movable
from machine to machine) before posting anything.  After all, it's pretty
large.  The old version works ok as long as you remember to set the date and
time on your ST before playing.  If people disagree with this attitude, mail
me.  I really hope the highscores stuff gets decided soon and this dilemma
doesn't need to be addressed at all.
   At last report, Wilson was a bit burned out, and didn't need a whole lot
of mail asking him what's holding stuff up.  He's done a great job, and is
certainly entitled to a breather.
   So if you must flame someone, I volunteer (to ignore flames).  If you're
impatient, write me a short note.  I may be convinced to post the incomplete
version.  Or someone else may choose to.
                                 Steve J.