[comp.sys.atari.st] DCDESKTOP, GDOS, G+PLUS, WORDUP

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (07/19/90)

I finally got my ST back and tried WordUp3.0.  Unfortunately,
although it is supposed to do things differently from the
earlier versions wrt GDOS, you still need to use GDOS.  I say
unfortunately because when using DCDESKTOP and GDOS, the
former does not seem to work...Is this a documented bug?  or
even a bug at all?  While we're on this subject...does G+PLUS
correct this situation, i.e. allow one to use GDOS fonts with
DCDESKTOP?
Post to the net or email me directly.
Thanks very much.
--Gerry
ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu
maxg@suvm  (bitnet)
PS  When booting with GDOS (which was installed by WordUp
Instal Prg) it seems as if DCDESKTOP is loading, but when the
desktop appears, clearly it hasn't loaded.  I changed GDOS.PRG
to GDOS.PR and rebooted...and everything worked fine.
One more thing...for those of you about to instal WordUp, I
had to get rid of all my auto programs before the instal
program would instal wordup (cf. the wordup manual).

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (07/22/90)

In article <3934@rodan.acs.syr.edu> ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) writes:
>I finally got my ST back and tried WordUp3.0.  Unfortunately,
>although it is supposed to do things differently from the
>earlier versions wrt GDOS, you still need to use GDOS.  I say
>unfortunately because when using DCDESKTOP and GDOS, the
>former does not seem to work...Is this a documented bug?  or

Well, I'm answering my own question here (thanks to the
DoubleClick people):  GDOS needs to be loaded before
DCDESKTOP.
---Gerry