[comp.sys.atari.st] Pack or Squish for the Mac

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (07/18/90)

I'm posting this here because the ST world is familiar with
programs like DCSquish or Pack, which compact files while
leaving them in "running" form.  Obviously, ST people
frequently know things about the Mac world (due to
Spectre)...so I was wondering if any of you know if there are
similar programs for the Mac world?  If so, will they work
with Spectre (both on disks running with spectre format and
disks running under the GCR)?
Email me directly  or post to the net....Thanks
--Gerry
maxg@suvm  (bitnet)
ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu

ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) (07/22/90)

In article <3924@rodan.acs.syr.edu> ggreenbe@rodan.acs.syr.edu (Gerald Greenberg) writes:
>I'm posting this here because the ST world is familiar with
>programs like DCSquish or Pack, which compact files while
>leaving them in "running" form.  Obviously, ST people
>frequently know things about the Mac world (due to
>Spectre)...so I was wondering if any of you know if there are
>similar programs for the Mac world?  If so, will they work
>with Spectre (both on disks running with spectre format and
>disks running under the GCR)?

This is the second time I'm answering my own question...I'm on
a roll.  Actually, I can only answer part of it.  In August's
Mac World in the Mac Bulletin section there's an announcement
of an update to DiskDoubler by Salient.  This looks like it
might be something like DCSquish.  Does anybody out there use
it with their Spectre format disks?  or is Dave Small out
there?  Do you know if this would work?
Thanks again.
--Gerry
maxg@suvm     (bitnet)