[comp.sys.atari.st] RTX programming articles

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) (07/21/90)

I little while ago I mentioned that I might be writing a series of
articles on multitasking programming using Micro RTX.   This series
is now being published in USA ST World.

I have received requests to post these articles and the source
programs.  Now the question is should I and if so, where?

UUENCODED the text and source are fairly big (maybe 30K per article).

My feeling is that they should either be in c.s.a.st.tech or perhaps
the comp.sources.atari.st group.  I personally prefer the former
because they are really more information than source code.

What objections does everyone have?  Should they even be posted
at all?

Let's discuss it.
--
David Beckemeyer (david@bdt.UUCP)	| "I'll forgive you Dad...  If you have
Beckemeyer Development Tools		| a breath mint."

In article <3927@bdt.UUCP> david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) writes:
%I little while ago I mentioned that I might be writing a series of
%articles on multitasking programming using Micro RTX.   This series
%is now being published in USA ST World.

Sounds good. Gee, does that mean I should renew my subscription?

%I have received requests to post these articles and the source
%programs.  Now the question is should I and if so, where?

%UUENCODED the text and source are fairly big (maybe 30K per article).

Aww, that's nuthin'  }-)

%My feeling is that they should either be in c.s.a.st.tech or perhaps
%the comp.sources.atari.st group.  I personally prefer the former
%because they are really more information than source code.

Sounds like a good use for this group. (Hey, is anyone archiving this
group? It may be a Real Good Idea...)
--
  -- Howard Chu @ University of Michigan
  one million data bits stored on a chip, one million bits per chip

muts@fysaj.fys.ruu.nl (Peter Mutsaers /100000) (07/21/90)

david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer) writes:

>I little while ago I mentioned that I might be writing a series of
>articles on multitasking programming using Micro RTX.   This series

>I have received requests to post these articles and the source
>programs.  Now the question is should I and if so, where?

>UUENCODED the text and source are fairly big (maybe 30K per article).

It seems a very good idea to me to post them in this
newsgroup, or make them available for anonymous ftp.
(I hope there is a multitasking shell with it)
Maybe comp.sources.atari.st is a better place for posting.

--
Peter Mutsaers                          email:    muts@fysaj.fys.ruu.nl
Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht                         nmutsaer@ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl

wwm@pmsmam.uucp (Bill Meahan) (07/21/90)

Post them.  Here (c.s.a.st.tech). SOON!!!!!!!

Please(!)
--
Bill Meahan  WA8TZG		uunet!mailrus!umich!pmsmam!wwm
I don't speak for Ford - the PR department does that!

Any attempt at wit is liable to offend _somebody_!

gaz@apollo.HP.COM (Gary Zaidenweber) (07/23/90)

From article <3927@bdt.UUCP>, by david@bdt.UUCP (David Beckemeyer):

> I little while ago I mentioned that I might be writing a series of
> articles on multitasking programming using Micro RTX.   This series
> is now being published in USA ST World.
>
> I have received requests to post these articles and the source
> programs.  Now the question is should I and if so, where?
>
> UUENCODED the text and source are fairly big (maybe 30K per article).
>
> My feeling is that they should either be in c.s.a.st.tech or perhaps
> the comp.sources.atari.st group.  I personally prefer the former
> because they are really more information than source code.
>
> What objections does everyone have?  Should they even be posted
> at all?
>
> Let's discuss it.
> --
> David Beckemeyer (david@bdt.UUCP)	| "I'll forgive you Dad...  If you have
> Beckemeyer Development Tools		| a breath mint."
> P.O. Box 21575, Oakland, CA 94620	|    Bart - "The Simpsons"
> UUCP: {uunet,ucbvax}!unisoft!bdt!david	|

First, thanks for announcing the publication of the articles. I would
appreciate it if you would publish them in c.s.a.st.tech. In my
understanding, that is the reason the newsgroup was created. I am
also looking for more info on RTX since I'm considering writing a
multitasking application for my ST (for some volunteer work I do.)
Thanks for the offer, I hope you take yourself up on it. :-)

Gary Zaidenweber    (508)256-6600 x4360          | You're only young
Apollo Systems Division, Hewlett Packard Company | once, but if you
UUCP:   {umix|decvax|mit-eddie}!apollo!gaz       | do it right,
ARPA:   gaz@apollo.HP.COM   FAX:(508)250-4943    | once is enough!

derek@leah.Albany.Edu (Derek L. / MacLover) (07/24/90)

I would love to see you post the articles here in comp.sys.atari.st.tech,
but if you find that people dont want them here, could you mail them to me?

Derek.
--
+ +   One Mac is worth exactly 2.317 PCs (based on current price indices)   + +
	Disclaimer:  I was asleep.	---}=-------------------------`