[comp.sys.atari.st] Do I have a Blitter?

ralph@laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) (07/24/90)

I recently upgraded my 1040 ST running TOS 1.0 to a Mega 4 ST running
TOS 1.2 (unfortunately TOS 1.4 is not yet available in France ;-().
My question: should my Mega have a Blitter?  My dealer was ignorant on
the subject and didn't want to open up the machine.  Normally, if
there is a Blitter there should be in the Options menu the Blitter
on/off option, right?  My Options menu is no different than on my old
1040 ST.

Am I up the creek?  Considering the sale price for which I got the
machine, I still can't complain.... but?

--
Ralph P. Sobek			  Disclaimer: The above ruminations are my own.
ralph@laas.fr				   Addresses are ordered by importance.

csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Claus Brod ) (07/25/90)

ralph@laas.fr (Ralph P. Sobek) writes:

>My question: should my Mega have a Blitter?  My dealer was ignorant on
>the subject and didn't want to open up the machine.  Normally, if
>there is a Blitter there should be in the Options menu the Blitter
>on/off option, right?  My Options menu is no different than on my old
>1040 ST.
Yes, you should have a blitter. If it's there, you get the blitter
option in the options menu, right. No blitter option - no blitter.
Urge your dealer to get you one.

Claus Brod, Am Felsenkeller 2,			Things. Take. Time.
D-8772 Marktheidenfeld, West Germany		(Piet Hein)
csbrod@medusa.informatik.uni-erlangen.de